You just fell in love with the new collection of giant twinkling snowflakes adorning the windows of your favorite holiday shop. Your kids will adore the giant set of reindeer pulling Santa’s sleigh at the hardware store. Both will add a merry touch to your home during the holidays.
But where will you put it for the rest of the year?
Under-deck storage to the rescue
You probably have filled up your existing storage before the holidays, so finding room for more will be a challenge. Sure, you could pay a monthly rental fee for a storage unit or you could park the car in the yard instead of the garage. But there must be a better answer!
As you consider building a two-story deck on the back of your home, upgrade it to include some under-deck storage. Turning this area into a useful, dry space begins with an effective under-deck drainage system to pull away any moisture that comes down between the boards on the deck. A top quality system, such as Trex RainEscape, is installed on top of the joists before the deck boards go down. A deck drainage system ensures that moisture never builds up under the deck or within the beams.
5 ways to enjoy under-deck storage this season
There are so many uses for under-deck storage — this season and all year long. Here are 5 ideas to get you started:
- Stash away the holidays. As you’re decorating for the winter holidays, you don’t have to worry anymore about where it will go when the season is over. Under-deck storage is perfect for artificial Christmas trees, boxes of ornaments, lawn decorations, lights and so much more.
- Store away the last season. Before you even move into the holidays, put away the last signs of summer and fall. Under the deck is a perfect place to store deck chairs, cushions, pool toys, lawnmowers, garden tools, leftover seed, and fertilizer and hoses. And don’t forget the leaf blower!
- Make way for winter. You’ll need easy access to your winter tools soon: snowblower, shovels, sleds, and salt for those icy sidewalks. No one wants to dig through a packed storage building in search of a shovel when that first snow hits.
- Keep sports items clean and ready for action. Under-deck storage is perfect for bicycles and sports and camping gear.
- Keep grillers and smokers handy.No one wants to store a grill down the hill in a storage building. By using your storage for your grill or smoker, you can pull them out on nicer days to enjoy something special for dinner.
With your under-deck storage solution, you’ll be ready for all this season has in store. Enjoy your holidays!