What’s Hot in Decks for 2021? 12 Picks for a New Year
While 2020 is remembered for its many challenges, one of the quieter news stories that brought some measure of comfort was the boom in home remodeling. Everyone was ready to upgrade their living spaces after spending days and days confined to their homes.
According to the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), the second most popular home improvement was adding or upgrading a deck. As the world continues to battle COVID-19, many of the trends of 2020 are continuing into 2021 and making our lives a bit more comfortable and beautiful. Here are 12 trends in decks to note for the new year:
- Outdoor living spaces Especially as we’ve experienced the COVID-19 pandemic, backyard decks have become more than just a place to store a grill or lounge in a hammock; they’ve become extensions of our living spaces. We couldn’t travel much in 2020, and the prospects for 2021 are still uncertain. Thus, adding a hot tub, upgrading comfortable furnishing and amenities, and creating more space by adding a deck, are a few ways to enjoy an oasis at home. With staycations remaining popular, so will home improvements.
- Expanding living space As families try to work and school at home, space is at a premium. One solution is to better use the space you have by creating livable, useable space beneath your two-story deck. With a quality under-deck drainage system such as Trex RainEscape, you can make a waterproof area beneath your deck that’s perfect for relaxing, entertaining, playing games, or using as storage. Make sure you install an over-joist drainage system at the time of construction.
- Outdoor cooking stations Homeowners are now looking beyond just an outdoor bar to enhance their deck or patio. Some are installing full kitchens and outdoor cooking stations — the perfect place for smoking meats, wood-fired ovens or pizza ovens, and, of course, grilling.
- Outdoor entertainment Weather-proof televisions and entertainment stations have become increasingly popular and more durable. Add some comfortable seating and a heat source or ceiling fans, and you’ll never want to watch a big game or a movie indoors again.
- Creative color While homeowners still like the natural look of wood and the modern feel of gray decking, more often, they are expressing their style with new variations and combinations of color. Some popular choices include composite boards with heavy variegation, such as tigerwood, and mixing woods for a two-tone look. At the same time, neutral and natural colors blended into your surroundings are popular for furnishing and accessories on the deck.
- Covered decks Whether you’re adding a simple roof or pergola or an elaborate ceiling with skylights and curved timbers, providing cover for your deck increases its year-round usefulness. Not only can you step out onto your deck now without worrying about rain or snow, but in the summer, the deck will stay cooler and easier to use.
- Custom deck design Decks, like any home improvement, provide an opportunity to do something unique. Homeowners are increasingly adding custom touches such as inlays, skirting, wide planks, and picture framing. Cable deck railings, with sleek, modern lines and unobstructed views, continue to be popular. And water features in a range of styles offer further opportunities for customization.
- Privacy curtains More and more homeowners are adding curtains to their list of decking accessories. Especially if you have a hot tub, pool, or sun-bathing area, you may want more privacy than an open deck offers. Curtains — on a deck with a roof overhead or under a deck with a drainage system — can add elegance. Curtains can also help to block harsh sunlight in the heat of the day when summer comes.
- Deck heating Patio heaters have been in short supply since the fall of 2020; however, having a heat source for your outdoor living area can make it cozier all year long. If you’re looking at a fire pit or fireplace, be sure to check any local codes and take caution to never put a heat source directly on your wooden or composite decking boards. Be careful not to have a wood fire that might allow embers to escape, which is one of the primary ways decks get damaged and catch fire.
- Lighting sets the mood As you’re planning a new deck or an upgrade, don’t forget about the lighting. You might add permanent spotlights to illuminate a focal point, overhead lights beneath the deck, deck stairs lighting to make the deck safer at night, garden lights to add a magical feel, or string lights hung over your deck for ambiance. Lighting can be added by a deck builder during construction but is also an easy DIY project.
- Composite upgrades Homeowners are now finding composite decking more attractive, especially as price points have lowered. Spending more time at home during COVID-19, doesn’t mean homeowners want to use that time to stain the deck. Composite deck boards not only cut down on maintenance but offer more flexibility in style and color.
- Added green Another COVID-19 boom that we’ll continue to enjoy in 2021 is gardening. Even if you don’t have a yard, you can add planters on the deck to enjoy fresh vegetables, herbs, or flowers just steps away from your kitchen. Look for seed and plant varieties that thrive in planters.
Here’s to a Happy 2021! If you think you’d like to add a deck before spring, take action now. Great deck builders are in high demand. But you can get it done! Imagine the months of enjoyment ahead.
Om du undrar om du ska köpa ipmotensläkemedel utan recept online och hur du kommer att kunna göra det, måste du ta en titt på din statliga lag. I de flesta stater måste du se till att du receptfria läkemedel mot impotens för apotek som regleras av statens lag. Det betyder att du vill se till att du kommer att arbeta med en statligt godkänd leverantör. Utöver detta vill du försäkra dig om att du arbetar med en leverantör som visar korrekt information om hur du fyller i ett recept och var du ska skicka det ut för behandling.
När du väljer att arbeta med ett ansedd onlineapotek, vill du se till att du förstår hur tredje part regleras. Om du inte kan avgöra om leverantören som du överväger att köpa dina recept regleras av staten, vill du se till att du går vidare till en annan leverantör. Det finns ett antal fördelar som du kommer att njuta av genom att arbeta med ett reglerat apotek. I synnerhet kommer du att njuta av bekvämligheten som tillhandahålls genom att arbeta med en tredje part som kommer att reglera köp av dina recept och förse dig med information om var du ska beställa de kontrollerade ämnen du behöver. Nästa gång du behöver ett recept som kommer att användas för behandling av ett medicinskt tillstånd, är det värt att försöka arbeta med ett ansedd tredjeparts onlineapotek som hjälper dig genom processen för beställa dina kontrollerade ämnen.