Your Homeowners will Love these 5 Options for Under-Deck Storage
In today’s market, the more value you can bring to your homeowners, the more likely you are to get rave reviews and the all-important referral to friends and family. One of the easiest ways to add value with a little extra cost is to create usable, dry storage under any deck that is tall enough for a homeowner to gain access.
Elevating Under-Deck Storage
For years, homeowners have used the space under their deck for storage — but it hasn’t been pretty or useful. They stuck kayaks, hoses and children’s toys under their decks. But eventually, the moisture created mold and mildew.
Today’s storage is clean, dry, and useful for many different needs. It all begins with an effective under-deck drainage system to pull away any moisture that comes down between the boards on the deck. A top quality system, such as Trex RainEscape, is installed on top of the joists before the deck boards are installed. This type of installation ensures that moisture never builds up under the deck or within the beams.
Enjoying Your Under-Deck Storage
There are endless uses for under-deck storage. Help your homeowners envision the possibilities with this top 5 list of options:
- Store off-season items. As homeowners put away the pool paraphernalia and lawn chairs from the summer, they’ll be glad you thoughtfully finished the space under their deck. Also, store lawnmowers, garden tools, leftover seed and fertilizer and hoses under the deck.
- Keep sports items clean and ready for action. Under-deck storage is perfect for bicycles, sports gear and all of those camping chairs!
- Park the car or boat. Whether or not you’ve included a garage in your building plans, often homeowners have a boat, a trailer or a third car that needs protection from the weather. Discreet storage under the deck is perfect for all vehicle needs.
- Keep grillers and smokers handy. No one wants to store a grill down the hill in a storage building!
- Convert the storage into a playhouse for the kids. On those days when the kids need to get out of the house, but it’s windy or cold or rainy, your homeowners will love the under-deck playhouse you built.
With all of these great storage options, you’ll want to be sure to include these features in your advertising! Homeowners will appreciate your creative solutions.